Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Buick Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Buick Diagnostics

05 buick lacrosse can't adjust speed of ac fan and fan won't

Customer Question

05 buick lacrosse can't adjust speed of ac fan and fan won't shut off when turn off car
Category: Buick
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 months ago.

Does this vehicle have the Auto Temp Control feature?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
when i turn on auto temp control the ac works but blower only runs on high.when i turn off ignition cars keeps running. if i turn air off blower keeps running but air comes out in the floor
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 months ago.

Ok. This issue is actually a fairly common problem on Auto Temp vehicles. The more common problem here is a faulty Blower Motor Control Module. The module is located under the passenger's side dash, mounted near the blower motor. To gain access, remove the passenger's side lower insulator panel. Inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken, damaged or melted wires. If the visual inspection checks ok, replacing the Blower Control Module should solve the problem. For an image location view of the module, click here:

If my answer has helped you, please help me and rate using the stars at the top of the page or 'accept' my answer.
If you cannot rate or do not see where to rate, please let me know!
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A.