Pete, Buick Technician
Experience:  17 years Buick Technician experience and training.
14928985

The interior light does not come on when I open the door :

Customer Question

the interior light does not come on when I open the door
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Buick. The Buick Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It just stopped coming on - the manual doesn't help much - override and push in push out - push the bottom - just confusing
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: That would be great
JA: Is there anything else the Buick Mechanic should be aware of about your Buick?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is this all doors that this light will not come on?

What year and model as well as engine size is this vehicle here?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I did not get an answer but I got charged $22. Is this the way you folks do business?
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

I posted a reply above did you see the reply at all?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No, year is 2012 - not sure about engine size - 6
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
clinider
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

What model Buick is this?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No, I am not paying $26 for a phone call. My Enclave is a 2016, six cylinder.
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

O.k.,being a 2016 my info is very limited and unfortunately I do not have the info you need on this here but someone else here may be able to help further with this.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am sorry Pete, my car is a 2012 - wishing it was a 16!
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

If this issue occurs with any doors being opened this can be due to a fault with the body control module itself.This module controls the power signals to the interior lights when the doors are opened.I have seen this control module fail in the past before requiring replacement to correct this issue here.The signals will have to be tested/checked with a scan tool and a multi meter to make sure this is the cause here before having it replaced.I do not see this as a ground issue here as the lights in the interior all have separate grounds and if all lights are not coming on from any door being opened usually it is the BCM that needs replaced.

This would have to be replaced with a new one and programmed to your vehicle as a used one is locked to a different model and cannot be reprogrammed to your model.The cost for replacement in some cases can run over $500.I would have this tested further though to be sure this is the cause here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks!
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Your welcome.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.

Thanks Pete