Roy Scarlett
Roy Scarlett,
Experience:  Auto Mechanics Teacher at Levittown Schools

My car is losing antifreeze from a plastic tube leading from

Customer Question

My car is losing antifreeze from a plastic tube leading from the antifreeze fill to the motor. Would this tube be located underneath the motor? I was told they needed to get under the motor to change this plastic tube
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Buick. The Buick Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I took it to a Buick dealership but they are charging a lot to change this tube. It doesn't seem right
JA: Is there anything else the Buick Mechanic should be aware of about your Buick?
Customer: This was my only problem
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Buick
Expert:  George H. replied 5 months ago.
Hello I will help you with your question, What is the year, model and engine size of your Buick?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
They said it was a plastic tube
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
But a 2010 what? Please see the question I asked above
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry, Buick LaCrosse
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What did they want to replace? The coolant tank? I know you said plastic tube but did they say what? I need to know which engine you have 3.0 or 3.6 they are both V6
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Not sure about size. Possibly 3.0. The antifreeze was smoking on the top right side of the car
How do you want to do this? Do you want to buy and replace the hose yourself? If you do I really need the engine size and a picture of the leak. Can you do that?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No sir. I was informed the repair cost was basically $320 and the replacement part is $70. I asked the reason why? I was informed the tune was under the motor and required a lot of labor to replace it
Without knowing what is being replaced and the engine size I can't tell you what the standard charge should be so I will OPT OUT of your question.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No thank you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Do not charge me
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 5 months ago.
Did the say they have to pull the intake manifold to access the coolant pipe?
Expert:  Roy Scarlett replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I would like to try to help you. I am attaching a picture for you to look at an pick out the hose that is leaking.