rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

96 Buick lasbre 3.8 no fire replaced ignition module crank

Customer Question

96 Buick lasbre 3.8 no fire replaced ignition module crank sensor still no fire
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Buick. The Buick Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The car turns over well fuel pump is running my daughter shut car off and hasn't fired since
JA: Figuring out why a car won't start can be a challenge - it could be a simple repair, or something a bit more complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Ignition module crank sensor checked all fuses security light comes on goes off like it should but no fire
JA: Is there anything else the Buick Mechanic should be aware of about your Buick?
Customer: Not that I can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Buick
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teachautomotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Pleaseunderstand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problemwith the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computerdata/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; wejust diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch thevehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going todirect you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please bepatient and permit me to do what I do best.I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it. Frsrt check to be sure there is no spark at the plugs when cranking it, then check fuel pressure with a gauge. Just hearing it run isn't good enough.Thanks, Ron
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have fuel pressure I have no spark
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 6 months ago.
Okay, then check for power from the ignition switch to the module. A scan tool would be of great help right now if you have one. Otherwise, our results may not be accurate.Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.Ron
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
With switch on I have power
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Car is early 96 my scanner is on 2 it won't work with this car
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 6 months ago.
Do you have a scan tool or a lab scope? We need to test the crank sensor inputs and outputs. What is the fuel pressure reading you have?Ron
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My scan tool will not connect with this car
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 6 months ago.
Okay, then we need to get one that does. We need information from the computer. We don't want to make any expensive guesses with this. Thanks again, Ron