Pete, Buick Technician
Experience:  17 years Buick Technician experience and training.

Buick LeSabre Custom: Working on a 2003 LeSabre headliner and

Customer Question

Working on a 2003 LeSabre headliner and the garage door opener got plugged in backwards. Of course it wasn't noticed until the customer had picked up his car and everything worked. When he used the garage door opener at his house it popped the fuse and now his dome lights don't work and the garage door opener doesn't either. Fixed plug and now it blows fuse instantly. Swapped relay #51 with another just to be sure and it still blows instantly with or without garage door opener plugged in.
Where to now? Body control module?
Category: Buick
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. The fuse powers the garage door opener,trunk release relay,data link connector.The BCM is not tied into this fuse or garage door opener on this model here.The short is either in the wiring leading from the garage door opener to the fuse itself as the wire may have heated up being plugged in incorrectly and melted shorting to ground or an issue with the trunk release relay in the rear fuse box or shorted wiring leading to this relay or to the data link connector under the dash.You will need to inspect these here to locate which is the cause and then the fault repaired from there.Here is a diagram of this fuses circuit. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
None of the interior light are working either
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
Have you checked for any fault codes at all with this issue here?