Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Pearl, My fuel pump relay on my 2008 Lucerne keeps getting

Customer Question

Pearl, My fuel pump relay on my 2008 Lucerne keeps getting hot and blowing out. causes and fix please. Very dangerous! PLEASE HELP
JA: So many things can cause fuel pump issues. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with them. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I HAVE PURCHASED MANY RELAYS. SOME LAST LONG THAN OTHERS. HAD FUEL TANK REPLACED ABOUT 6 MONTHS AGO, BUT NOT THE PUMP. VEHICLE HIT A ROCK ON THE FREEWAY AND PUT A HOLE IN THE OLD FOUE TANK AND HAD TO BE REPLACED.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: IF POSSIBLE, YES
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Buick Mechanic should know about your Buick?
Customer: I BOUGHT IT FROM CAR-MAX LAST AUGUST, VERY CLEAN AND HAS 56400 MILES. IS THIS CAR KNOWN FOR THIS PROBLEM?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Roy Belding replied 1 year ago.
good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist the first thing I would do is to check the amp draw on the relay. if the pump is pulling too many amps, it will heat the relay. do you have an amp meter to do this check?? Roy