Genchi Genbutsu
Genchi Genbutsu, Technician
Experience:  Toyota Certified Master Diagnostic Technician, ASE Master Technician with L1 Advanced Engine
17930070

Buick Lacrosse: My check engine light came on. I retightened

Customer Question

My check engine light came on. I retightened the gas cap and after a few minutes of driving, the light went out. Then, the light came on the next day. Again, I retightened the cap, and the light when out. Then, it came on again. I purchased a new cap today, but the light has at stayed on. How long should I wait Before having it checked. 2012 Buick LaCrosse with four cylinder engine.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for allowing me to help you with this concern today and am sorry to hear that this is happening. I will have to ask you a few questions so that I can get a better understanding as to what may be going on with your Buick.Does the LaCrosse run/drive normally?Besides the check engine light being on, are there any other warning lights on?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No other warning lights are on and the car is driving normally.
I see. I would give it through the weekend and if the light is still on Monday, then lets get the car checked to see what, besides the gas cap may be causing this. If you have more questions, please ask as I strive to give Excellent service. Also please take the time to rate my help (1-5 stars), as it helps me.