Gary, Buick Technician
Experience:  15 years master GM tech and mater ASE tech

Ok my tempurature gage is pegged saying my vehicle is overheating,

Customer Question

Ok my tempurature gage is pegged saying my vehicle is overheating, but my flyid level is fine and it doesnt seem like my car is actually overheating. It did lose power though. I had the thermostat replaced about a month ago.
JA: Watching the temperature gauge creep up into the red is never fun. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with overheating troubles. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet. Is there a fuse I can check?
JA: Is there anything else the Buick Mechanic should be aware of about your Buick?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.
when its saying it is very hot or overheating with the engine at idle with the hood open is the cooling fan running ?what year and model Buick is this ? engine size ?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
2005 fan is running not sure what size engine
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.
if the coolant is full and the fan is running these issues end up coming down to a sticking thermostat or restricted coolant system which a coolant flush will fix a bad water pump or bad head gaskets allowing compression into the coolant system to stop to slow down flow causing it to show hot like thisthere is not any fuse to check for here it needs to get to a shop for them to test the flow and for any compression getting into the coolant systemif you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer