Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification

2006 buick rendezvous problems starting, had fuel pump replaced

Customer Question

2006 buick rendezvous problems starting, had fuel pump replaced yesterday, did it again last night....from my research it looks like this has been a common problem
JA: So many things can cause fuel pump issues. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with them. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: sounds similar to the person who also wrote about his 2006 buick; tries to start but acts like not getting fuel, have done the partial throttle to see if that helps....could it be the crank sensor? have had it put on the scan & shows no codes
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: depends upon problem
JA: Is there anything else the Buick Mechanic should be aware of about your Buick?
Customer: I have had it almost 3 wks, had it towed 2 times...first time they figure the jarring of the tow allowed the fuel pump to work, brought home, next day same thing, towed again & replaced fuel pump; once pump off showed that pump had too much pressure, replaced pump, picked up yesterday, drove home, went to meeting, no starting
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Buick
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 5 months ago.
Hi there.Would you like my help fixing these issues? If so, this is how we can get it done:I provide the same technical information you would get from the factory. You provide whatever tools and mechanical skills are needed. Would that be OK with you?