Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Buick Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Buick Diagnostics
18617752

How to drain anti freeze from a 2007 CXL lacrosse v-6 3.8 radiator JA:

Customer Question

how to drain anti freeze from a 2007 CXL lacrosse v-6 3.8 radiator
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Buick. The Buick Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: we need to replace waterpump belt etc
JA: So many things can cause water pump issues. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with them. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes and very mec friende
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: not started but i know we have to drop the fluids
JA: Is there anything else the Buick Mechanic should be aware of about your Buick?
Customer: no friend has GM vechicles and does all mec work xcept computor work
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 months ago.
To drain the coolant, the radiator drain will need to be opened. It's located on the passenger's side lower section of the radiator. Best access is from under the vehicle. The lower air deflector will need to first be removed. There are retainers around it's perimeter. Once removed, remove the radiator cap and then open the radiator drain.
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 months ago.
..