Pete, Buick Technician
Experience:  17 years Buick Technician experience and training.
14928985

Pearl,,, JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really

Customer Question

hi pearl,,,
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Buick. The Buick Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: my 95 riviera has intermittent overdrive
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: mmm, if within my capabilities
JA: Is there anything else the Buick Mechanic should be aware of about your Buick?
Customer: overdrive would work first run,,,after stoppng it would not ,,,if turned off and restart it would work again, till having to stop again
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. This fault here is commonly caused by an internal electrical fault in the transmission torque converter lock up solenoid itself in the transmission.This solenoid acts up internally intermittently causing this issue here needing replaced.This is behind the side panel on the drivers side of the transmission and on some models the engine/transmission sub frame needs lowered to remove this side panel and replace the solenoid.The solenoid itself can run around $150,labor can run up to 6 hours on some models.If you need exact replacement info on this let me know. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete