Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Buick Mechanic
Experience:  GM, Chevrolet Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.
1609972

I leave the lights in the "auto" position on my 2005 Buick

Customer Question

I leave the lights in the "auto" position on my 2005 Buick Lacrosse CXL. This evening after leaving a restaurant I noticed that both low beam headlights were not working. Both high beams are working. Where do I need to start in fixing this?
JA: Working headlights are essential for a safe drive. Luckily, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with will have just the tips you need for a quick fix. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I'd like to.
JA: Is there anything else the Buick Mechanic should be aware of about your Buick?
Customer: No other issues
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 7 months ago.
.sorry for the delay.............Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”.IF you are sure the Auto Headlights was ON & the Headlights were switched to Low Beam, then check Fuses "3" & "4", located in the Under Hood Fuse Panel.IF Fuses are good, the this is likely the Headlight Module & / or the BCM (body control module)The BCM commands the Head Light Module to activate the Low Beams thru Fuses 3 & 4Use of GM Dealer Scan Tool is needed to Test & Programapprx 1 hour labor.IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating..Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A..NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed..If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better..Rating is very Important to our Service..
did you need more information?please respond or ratethank you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I haven't yet had the opportunity to follow to follow up and work on my wife's lights. I will certainly follow up and rate you when I find the time. Thank you for your promptness.
thanksWhen you sign up on Just Answer to get an answer for your question, you provide an authorization payment.Once any tech responds, you are then charged the full question value.You need to use those funds by rating okay-good-excellent.Not rating, rating bad or poor does not result in a refund.I am here to help, so please reply if you need more help.If your good to go, please take a moment to rate my response, as it was correct.