Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.

I bought a new gm remote fob 2008 Buick lacrosse! Can

Customer Question

I bought a new gm remote fob for my 2008 Buick lacrosse! Can I program this myself or do I have to bring to gm dealership?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Buick. The Buick Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Haven't tried to program yet! Just asking for instructions if any
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet
JA: Is there anything else the Buick Mechanic should be aware of about your Buick?
Customer: Nope just how to program New remote fob
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.
HI,Unfortunately, it does require a Tech2 dealer scan tool to program - see below 2008 Buick LaCrosse V6-3.8LSave ArticleTransmitter Programming Important: Up to 4 transmitters can be programmed. Do not operate or program the transmitters in the vicinity of other vehicles that are in the keyless entry program mode. This prevents the programming of the transmitters to the incorrect vehicle. The order in which the transmitters are programmed is important. The first transmitter programmed will be transmitter #1, and the second transmitter programmed will be transmitter #2. Use care to program the transmitters correctly.The scan tool must stay connected until all of the transmitters are programmed. Invalidate All This procedure will erase all keyless entry transmitters from memory. 1. Install a scan tool.2. Turn ON the ignition with the engine OFF.3. With the scan tool, select Body.4. Select Remote Control Door Lock Receiver (RCDLR).5. Select Module Setup.6. Select Program Key Fobs.7. Select Invalidate All Fobs.8. Follow the scan tool on screen instructions. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. ThanksIf for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.~Do you still need more help?~Confused by my info request or answer?~Need more time?~Confused on how the site works?~Need more detail or a different explanation?If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks