Technician Chris
Technician Chris, Technician
Experience:  I am a certified ASE Master Technician with L1 Advanced Diagnostic Specialist and over 15 years experience.

The code P0063 is appearing on my 2015 Buick Encore making

Customer Question

The code P0063 is appearing on my 2015 Buick Encore making the engine power go down
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I will drive for a lil while then the traction light pops on and the engine will slow down and only drive 10 mph
JA: Cars do make very odd noises -- They help the mechanics figure out what's wrong. They are terrific with my old Grand Cherokee. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No noises just lights coming on ...yes I would like to fix it myself if I can find what is causing it
JA: OK! The Chevy Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: It's a Buick Encore
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: And the code is P0068
Category: Buick
Expert:  Technician Chris replied 5 months ago.
hi there. My name is ***** ***** I am one of the GM techs here.1st, how many miles are on your Encore? It is likely this issue will be repaired for free at dealer if the vehicle is under warranty. DTC P0068 - Throttle Body Air Flow Performance To properly diagnosis this issue, you will need access to a factory GM scanner. You will need to be able to actuate the throttle body using the scanner. If you do not have access to one, you cannot diag this issue. However, the most likely issue will be a faulty throttle body. So without the scanner, you can really only visually check the throttle body for an unplugged or damaged wire connector. Here is the wire diagram:
Your base warranty is 4 years or 50,000 miles and this would cover a faulty throttle body. The powertrain warranty is 5 years or 100,000 miles, but that does not include the throttle body. It did prior to 2013, but not since.
I hope this is the information you were looking for. If you are happy with my service, please do rate me with 5 stars. If you would like to ask follow up questions, feel free. - Chris
I hope this information has been helpful to you. If so, please proceed with a rating. 4 or 5 stars will tell other customers that I give good service. If you have follow up questions, feel free to ask.- Chris
This post will end soon. Please do rate my answer. As an independent contractor, I do not receive any credit for answering your question if no rating is given.thanks- Chris
please rate this answer