sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Left key in ignition in accessory position (not running). Can

Customer Question

left key in ignition in accessory position (not running). Can not remove key, absolutely no power even after charging battery.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Buick. The Buick Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: no power at all even after slow charge on battery. key stuck in accessory position, can not turn to complete off and remove can not start car
JA: Figuring out why a car won't start can be a challenge - it could be a simple repair, or something a bit more complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: charging the battery, trying to turn the steering wheel and by the way, the car will not come out of park
JA: Is there anything else the Buick Mechanic should be aware of about your Buick?
Customer: first time with this problem, 55,000 miles on 2011 buick enclave
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Buick
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!If the problem started when the key was left on until the battery died then I wouldn't be inclined to think the problem is anything but the battery. It isn't uncommon for a battery to fail to a point that it cannot be charged, even with an industrial sized professional charger, which is much more capable than an individual would have. Are you able to swap in a known good battery or remove this battery and have it load tested?