Pete, Buick Technician
Experience:  17 years Buick Technician experience and training.
14928985

I have a 1995 Buick Lesabre custom 3.8l (vin L). It stumbled

Customer Question

I have a 1995 Buick Lesabre custom 3.8l (vin L). It stumbled at higher RPM, and gave me codes PO341 cam pos. sensor range & P1361 elect. spark timing. I've checked the both sensors they;re both within range. I'm not getting power to the fuel pump or the injectors now. I checked the TPS & ignition module both checked good (I have reference signal from ICM to #B8 fuel ctrl ref. of ECM). The relay center (pass. kick panel) all the fuses are good. In checking back of fuel pump relay, the only wire getting voltage is the pink wire. When I jump the grey wire the pump runs, jump the red prime wire the pump runs. The ground checks good. The dk grn/wht fuel pump ctrl wire #D16 from ECM to fuel pump relay has no voltage. My Mitchell schematic says the fuel pump prime connector is in the eng. comp., be damned if I can find it. In the eng. comp. there is a maxi fuse & relay center, all the maxi fuses are good (none of witch are labeled for eng.). The 8 relays under the maxi fuses are not marked, & I can't seem to find any reference on them.
JA: So many things can cause fuel pump issues. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with them. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I retired from the trade 20 years ago. Yes I am trying to fix it myself that's why I gave you such a detailed message.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: please read my first message
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Buick Mechanic should know about your Buick?
Customer: I don't believe so my first message was very detaiiled
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. If you have not checked for any shorted or damaged wiring on this models engine and from the fuse panels and battery as well as starter and alternator this needs done.I have seen issues with damaged wiring and fusible links at fault in some models cause this here needing repaired or replaced.If this is or has been checked and found o.k. let me know. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete