Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

We are constantly getting bells & whistles going off while

Customer Question

We are constantly getting bells & whistles going off while driving. Radio goes off, doors won't lock and sometimes will not start. Seems if we slam the doors it will reprogram.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Buick. The Buick Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: 2002 buick, ddriving along and bells and whistles go off, telling us that traction control is off, gas gauge goes empty, radio goes off, but car continues to run. When we stop to get out doors will be locked, trunk will not open. After exiting the car and coming out later, doors will be locked and trunk will be open. Sometimes when we want to leave, doors will not open automatically, so we open with the key and then the car will not start. After sitting awhile and messing with the buttons we will hear a "click" and now the car will start.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. Figuring out why a car won't start can be a challenge - it could be a simple repair, or something a bit more complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if possible
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Buick Mechanic should know about your Buick?
Customer: last night light said we were in theft mode.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 7 months ago.
What model is your 2002 Buick? (century, lesabre, etc.)
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
2002 Buick lesabre
Have you checked battery connections at battery under rear seat?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
You have to be kidding me. That's the first thing we did. I am not satisfied with your answer. I would appreciate a refund.
There are certain troubleshooting steps that must be done. If you do not tell me what you have done, there is no way for me to know without asking you. You will need to contact customer service for a refund, I have no access to customer accounts. Good luck with your repairs. Dave