Pete, Buick Technician
Experience:  17 years Buick Technician experience and training.
14928985

Buick LaCrosse: I have a 2011 Lacrosse purchased three months

Customer Question

I have a 2011 Lacrosse purchased three months ago. I have a brake problem. I almost never set the parking brake except on an incline, but when I start to back up I must press heavily on the gas to get it to moving and to drive forward. Some time i t releases quickly and other times continues to bind. Yesterday the parking break kicked in on the freeway at 70. I assume it is the parking break since once it lets go the brakes work normally.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. Have you tried to see if the brake releases thats holding back the vehicle by trying to release the park brake? Let me know,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes.
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
And does it release when you release it manually?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Not necessarily
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
O.k.,has anything been checked or tested to try and locate or correct this fault here at all?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm traveling on vacation so now, other playing with the switch noting has been tested.
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
O.k.,I dont think this is the emergency brake causing this fault here.What usually causes this fault here is one of the brake calipers hanging up needing replaced or an issue with the brake master cylinder.I have seen both of these fail before internally causing this type of fault here needing replaced.If you have not had these checked to see if one or more are the cause here this needs done.Usually what is done is when this occurs the brake line is loosened or bleed screw at each caliper one at a time to see if the brake then releases.If it does this can indicate the master cylinder at fault.If it does not then the affected brake caliper needs replaced.This is most common with one of these causing this issue here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete