Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

The electric fan that cools the radiator does not come on unless

Customer Question

The electric fan that cools the radiator does not come on unless I am in stop and go traffic or driving up a steep hill. Normal driving the temp gauge stays at what I call a normal temp. When i am in stop and go traffic, etc the needle starts goin up to a point that I get concerned. The fan eventually comes on and the temp does not get any hotter and may come down. Normal driving the fan does not come on.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Buick. The Buick Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I would like to fix this myself unless it is complicated.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Buick Mechanic should know about your Buick?
Customer: no. My 2002 buick century #.1 L V6 only has 73K miles on it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Buick
Expert:  TIM MOHR replied 7 months ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** is normal operation, how high does the temp get before the fans come on?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It goes up about 2 marks on my temp. gauge
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  TIM MOHR replied 7 months ago.
are you still here?