Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Its brokeJA: Sometimes things that you think will be really

Customer Question

Its broke
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Buick. The Buick Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: a light is on
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: pcu0123
JA: Huh?
Customer: dress code?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: no...could you?
JA: OK! The Buick Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Buick Mechanic should be aware of about your Buick?
Customer: its a ford and its green
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question,In order for us to try and help you we need more information, Year, make , model and engine size please?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
C0095 2006 Buick Lucerne 3.8
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Abs code
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm a mechanic, just can't find any repair info, Mitchell or Alldata. Know it's right/rear solenoid #2, just don't want to shotgun the hydraulic unit, would be nice to diag it. Any help?
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.
Are you sure of this code, there is no reference to it which usually means its not a valid fault code. Can you recheck it?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Positive! Can you find any codes for the description? Right rear solenoid # ***** malfunction?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
If you Google it, the description and code come up. Others are having the same problem. Are you a factory tech or generic, looking at generic info? Mitchell, Alldata, etc..?
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.
No unfortunately Im not finding any reference to this code even with GM. Ill open the post back up for you and see if someone else has something to offer.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 7 months ago.
PCU likely means powertrain control unit. This means your code is actually a P0123. This code sets when the throttle position sensor voltage goes too high. This can happen for two reasons.1) Break in ground circuit to sensor. Check the black wire to the tps for any breaks and verify that you have a good ground at the connector.2) Bad sensor. If the ground circuit is okay, replace the throttle position sensor.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
it is C0095. Not sure where pcu0123 came from. Ron tried to help but couldn't. I contacted the dealership and they are the only ones with access to this code. Thanks for trying to help. Peace out!