Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson

Buick Regal T-Type: 87 grand national code 31 is on.replaced

Customer Question

87 grand national code 31 is on.replaced senser and is steel you no anything i can do
Category: Buick
Expert:  Jerry replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site. .What sensor did you change?Which engine is in it?
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 6 months ago.
Hi My name is***** (PRNDL) ErrorThe Gear Position switch tells the ECM which position the shifter is in. The ECM will use this information to inhibit starter operation, change the transmission shift pattern as necessary, and provide the information for the electronic shift indicator display on the dash.Fault Code Description31 - Gear Position switch (PRNDL) errorSymptomsEngine may not crank over in Park or NeutralElectronic shift indicator may flashCommon ProblemsA maladjusted or failed Gear Position switch would be the most common cause for a code 31 Also for Turbocharged engines.Wastegate Solenoid Circuit ErrorThe ECM regulates turbocharger boost by opening and closing the "wastegate" as necessary. (The wastegate is a vacuum operated bypass valve that limits the ability of the turbo to provide boost.) The Wastegate Solenoid regulates the vacuum supply to the wastegate for proper operation.Fault Code Description31 - Wastegate Solenoid circuit errorSymptomsLack of power or engine "ping" due to overboost by the turbochargerCommon ProblemsThe wastegate solenoid would be the most common cause for code 31 to setCode 31 does not indicate a problem with the turbocharger or wastegate
I tried to do the phone call you requested but the site kicked it out saying there is a problem with your payment. Please resolve that and I will be able to call if you still need the call.
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 5 months ago.
Did you get this resolved?