Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech. 30+ years mechanic, shop forman, service manager

2008 Lacrosse, shifter on steering wheel. How do I remove air

Customer Question

2008 Lacrosse, shifter on steering wheel. How do I remove air bag
ECU module under passenger seat? Took the 3 screws out, but
can't remove the module. Do it have to come out from behind the
encasement it is in? Can't move the encasement.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Buick. The Buick Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: The light doesn't stay on all the time, when someone is sitting in the seat,the light randomly comes on and off.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Buick Mechanic should know about your Buick?
Customer: I read that low amperage would maybe cause this. I looked at my cables,and they were caroded pretty bad and I fixed that,and I haven't tried it out since then.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Buick
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jerry replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site. .A phone call would not be in your best interest. I am not able to draw diagrams or give instructions over the phone..Did you take the seat out?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What seal are you talking about?
Expert:  Jerry replied 6 months ago.
The seat that the SDM is under.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Jerry replied 6 months ago.
I see, thanks. That is the first step in the instructions for replacing the module, after disabling the SRS system. If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large. You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it. I do not have access to your email address,
Expert:  Jerry replied 6 months ago.
Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating. Thanks
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have already requested a refund. It seems like on top of the $22 you are requesting another $8, no thanx.
Expert:  Jerry replied 6 months ago.
There are many ways to transfer files of instructions. That was just an email offer, you could always get it in a dropbox link. However, if you would like a refund after knowing that the seat has to come out, (which you apparently didn't know before) that's fine, thank you and please come again, anytime.