john aka eauto
john aka eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  15 years as a auto tech

Buick LaCrosse CX: Just bought a 2009 Buick Lacrosse with 34,000

Customer Question

Just bought a 2009 Buick Lacrosse with 34,000 miles on it. Great car, previous owners were older so the car still looks brand new.
I do however hear a rush of water in the engine when stopping and going. If the car sits over night or all day while at work there is a strong musty smell that comes out of the vents. I am wondering if there has been water damage? The filter is brand new as well yet when the air system is on recirculation I still smell the strong odors from outside where all the other cars that I have owned kept that out.
Category: Buick
Expert:  john aka eauto replied 6 months ago.
sounds like the drain for the hvac box is clogged that's causing the sloshing and the musty smell... the drain will need to be cleaned / unclogged.. and then a ac vent service performed easy to do they sell the cleaner at any parts store