john aka eauto
john aka eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  15 years as a auto tech
6149662

Buick LaCrosse CX: Just bought a 2009 Buick Lacrosse with 34,000

Customer Question

Just bought a 2009 Buick Lacrosse with 34,000 miles on it. Great car, previous owners were older so the car still looks brand new.
I do however hear a rush of water in the engine when stopping and going. If the car sits over night or all day while at work there is a strong musty smell that comes out of the vents. I am wondering if there has been water damage? The filter is brand new as well yet when the air system is on recirculation I still smell the strong odors from outside where all the other cars that I have owned kept that out.
Category: Buick
Expert:  john aka eauto replied 10 months ago.
sounds like the drain for the hvac box is clogged that's causing the sloshing and the musty smell... the drain will need to be cleaned / unclogged.. and then a ac vent service performed easy to do they sell the cleaner at any parts storehttp://www.napaonline.com/p/BK_7656000