Pete, Buick Technician
Experience:  17 years Buick Technician experience and training.
14928985

I have a 2002 Buick Rendezvous with the automatic climate control

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Buick Rendezvous with the automatic climate control option. I want to replace it with the manual, dual zone unit. I've been told that the dash trim bezels are different fore each type of climate control. Is this correct, and if so, what part number do I need ?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Buick. The Buick Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet, still researching
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Buick Mechanic should know about your Buick?
Customer: it does have the HUD option
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. I dont think this is possible as the auto controls use different sensors wired to the control head and the other computers in your model are set up to communicate with the auto control head.If you try a manual control head this can cause warning lights on the dash in some cases to come on and cause other electrical issues.I believe the body control module is programmed to recognize the auto control head as well and this programming usually cannot be changed. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete