Daryl
Daryl, Shop Owner, Master Mechanic
Experience:  28 years experience, Master Mechanic
8994801

JA: . How can we help? Customer: 2009 buick enclave

Customer Question

Hello
JA: Hi. How can we help?
Customer: 2009 buick enclave 3.6 engine
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Buick. The Buick Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: misfire #3 cylinder, replace coil then started car and check engine light was flashing and now #1,3 and 5 no spark....changed all 3 rear plugs and still no spark...car ran smooth before i removed and replace #3 ignition coil ...i replace the old coil and still no spark in those 3 cylinders
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: i just sent you that info
JA: Is there anything else the Buick Mechanic should be aware of about your Buick?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Daryl replied 7 months ago.
Can you tell me how you are checking for spark
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
After changing number 3 coil I started the car it was only running on three cylinders it smells like raw gas is coming out of the tailpipe I pulled three plugs out they were black and Sooty the rear cat is cool when the car is running the front cat is hot
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
scanner reads misfire in 1 3 5 cylinder
the car ran fine 10 minutes earlier
there was a misfire in the #3 cylinder under load only that is why i changed the coil
Expert:  Daryl replied 7 months ago.
This is very common on this vehicle, there are a couple possibilities, one is the ODD COILS 15A fuse located in the under hood fuse block, there is also some problems with the ground retaining bolt holds ground and power steering hose bracket simultaneously, this is on the back side of the engine.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i was just informed by a mechanic friend of mine that there is a tsb on 2009 Buick engines 3.6 v6 of the crank sensor falling off ...does that sound plausible to you
Expert:  Daryl replied 7 months ago.
That should not just cause a problem on just the 3 cylinders, it would have no spark on all cylinders.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
All of a sudden #1,3,5
Have no spark
Coils are new
Only cyl 2,4,6
Are firing
Expert:  Daryl replied 7 months ago.
Did you check the fuse and the ground that I posted earlier?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes
Odd fuse was bad
After replacing #3 ign coil the #1 ign coil which was replaced a month ago was shorting out and blowing the odds fuse..... Weird
The misfire code was 303 originally
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Replaced coils purchased at NAPA
Expert:  Daryl replied 7 months ago.
Please be sure to leave a positive rating, thanks