Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.

2011 Buick Regal fuel door won't open JA: Thanks.

Customer Question

***** ***** 2011 Buick Regal fuel door won't open
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Fuel door won't open to get to gas cap
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Buick Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.
HI,Ok, the door locking circuit and body control module control the fuel door lock actuator to open the fuel door and will require a scan tool and voltmeter to diagnose why it has failed.In the meantime, to open it, you will need a thin flat head screwdriver and tape the end so it doesnt scratch the paint. On the side of the fuel door that opens, slip the screwdriver between the door and the body and pry the door forward towards the door hinge side and then outward in order to pop it open(see attached) Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. ThanksIf for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Prying the fuel door isn't work any other suggestions ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Your answer didn't work.
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.
HI, Ok, you can remove the right rear tire and the plastic wheel well liner and then use a screwdriver to push in the latch to pop the door open
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
That's the same answer you gave me the first time . It didn't work then or now. So this is what I've paid for useless information.
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.
HI,That is NOTHING like the first answer. Re-read the answers First answer was to try prying the door open by inserting a screwdriver between the door and bodySecond answer is to jack up vehicle, remove the right rear wheel and then the wheel liner so you can access the latch and use a screwdriver to push the latch open so the door opens. The only part that is the same is the use of a screwdriver.