Gary
Gary, Buick Technician
Experience:  15 years master GM tech and mater ASE tech
19513769

Here have a 99 Buick century custom low beam headlamps

Customer Question

***** ***** here have a 99 Buick century custom low beam headlamps inop.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes tested dash mounted switch ok power and ground at switch tested low beam wires have power at bulbs replaced both bulbs still no low beams
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Buick Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
the orange and black wires at the low beam bulbs show 12 volts with the key ON ?if so when the low beams are set ON does the dark blue show a good ground ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That may take me longer to check but can do that
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
at the switch ( dimmer clicker from high to low beam ) with the low beams set to ON does the TAN wire show a good ground ?
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
with just the low beams not working and confirmed good low beam bulbs this issue comes down too a bad dimmer switch in the steering column or the wires from the dimmer switch to the bulbs badthese run 12 volts with the key ON all the time to the bulbs and the dimmer clicks a ground to either the low or high beam bulbs to turn them on as seen hereif you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
how are you making out ?if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
suspect drl module as stated when we first started have 12.4 vlts out headlamp switch and through dimmer switch to lamps power and ground at lamps need location and accessibility of daytime running lamp module please
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
the DRL will apply a ground when the low beam headlight switch is set to off the low beam should still work from the switch and over ride the DRL module as that DRL module ground and the headlight low beam ground signal are tapped and spliced together