Gary
Gary, Buick Technician
Experience:  15 years master GM tech and mater ASE tech
19513769

Looking of fusible link on 91 buick lesabre 3.8l JA:

Customer Question

looking for location of fusible link on 91 buick lesabre 3.8l
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Buick. The Buick Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: my car would not turn the starter. I replaced with new starter, still does not turn over. my manual states it can be a fusible link, but does not tell you where it is.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes!
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I checked the fuses, but can not find where the fusible link is.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Buick Mechanic should know about your Buick?
Customer: no!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.
can you tell me what is missing power ?
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.
at the starter does the big power wire show 12 volts ?can you see in the under hood fuse panel if the big fuse # ***** a 60 amp fuse is blown if its not blown does that fuse show 12 volts on both sides of it testing it in place through the little openings in the tops of that fuse ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no power to the starter. the fuse is fine and shows power.
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.
the big power wire that bolts to the big starter stud shows NO volts ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
correct!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
is the fusible link in the battery cable?
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.
there is no fuse link that fuses that big power wirethat big power wire runs directly to the positive battery cable end right at the batterythe only think that is fuses is that fuse you tested good for voltsthat big power wire is bad OR where it connects into the battery cable positive end at the battery is badhere is the electrical for this and you will see its a straight shot to the batteryif you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
is there a fusible link tied to the negative battery wire? I have power inside the car, so I guess that is ok.
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.
no there is no links on the neg cableif the negative battery cable is clean and tight at the battery and where it connects to the engine then the issue is the positive battery cable with NO volts at the starterif you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.
let me know how it goes
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.
how are you making out ?if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer