Pete, Buick Technician
Experience:  17 years Buick Technician experience and training.

My starting disabled message hasn't disappeared after 15 minutes

Customer Question

My starting disabled message hasn't disappeared after 15 minutes now, is that normal
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Trying to program a key for 2005 Buick lacrosse
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Buick Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. If you are following the correct relearn procedure for your model here and this message has not gone away there is a good chance that one of the security components on your model has failed internally electronically.I have seen the key fail needing replaced as well as the pass key sensor that reads the key needing replaced.From here you would need to have the fault codes read out/checked using a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers in your model.Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair this fault here.If you need the info on the correct relearn procedure let me know. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete