Roy Belding
Roy Belding, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Master ASE since 1980

Buick Regal Custom: I have a 1993 buick regal custom with a

Customer Question

I have a 1993 buick regal custom with a 3.1 liter in it. I need to know if the part that the oil filter goes onto and the oil pressure sending unit threads into is part of the engine block casting or if it can be removed and be replaced? If it can be replaced how does it come off?
Category: Buick
Expert:  tim's auto repair replied 6 months ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.I will do my best to assist you.yes,the engine oil cooler adapter screws offPLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]. the link doesn’t work that way, try it this If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I cannot copy or paste the diagram. I tried to save it and also tried to send it to my email and it still will not let me print it out????
oki do not know how your computer works,,but no need to save it,it will always be here,,just sign in and go to this will be herethanks
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The little ear that is off to the right side of the oil filter where the engine oil pressure sender is screwed into broke off when we were trying to put a new one in. That is where my problem is and I need to know if that is part of the engine block or if it can be removed and replaced. If it can I need to know how to take it off. Thank you,Tim.
Expert:  Roy Belding replied 6 months ago.
god evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist can you post a picture of what you have?? Roy