Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech. 30+ years mechanic, shop forman, service manager
2947720

Buick Park Avenue: How do I access the "blue plug" on the multifunction

Customer Question

How do I access the "blue plug" on the multifunction turn signal for a***** I have removed everything else but cannot access the last blue plug to remove and then replace with the new part I acquired.
Category: Buick
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jerry replied 10 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site. .A phone call would not be in your best interest. I am not able to draw diagrams or give instructions over the phone..Are you referring to the blue connector that the wires are in?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yes!
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Would you like a picture? You will see the connector in the attached image.
Expert:  Jerry replied 10 months ago.
I see, thanks..Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating..That is the C202 connector, located near the bottom of the steering column and plugs into a sort of junction block.You have to take the screw out from the center of the connector and the blue part, (for the turn signal/wiper switch slides on at the end. They have a little tab that has to be pried over the nub on the center part of the main connector..Let me post a diagram of it. Please see attached diagram that shows it's location more, thanks
Expert:  Jerry replied 10 months ago.
That type should be even easier, it will just unplug after the tab is pried out away from the connector..
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have that diagram. The issue is I do not see the junction box. The cable goes up into the dash and I cannot figure out how to access it. I have removed the upper and lower shrouds, the trim panel, the instrument panel. All that is left is the metal frame...I can send a picture in just a moment.
Expert:  Jerry replied 10 months ago.
I have never run into any like that before, but wait there may be another expert who has more. I will opt out and open it back up. Please DON’T REPLY to this post as that will lock the question back to me, also DON’T RATE THE ANSWER yet, someone should be along shortly, I’m sure, thanks and sorry I wasn’t able to help with it..*******YOU CAN ALWAYS GET A REFUND WITHOUT RATING THE ANSWER AS BAD OR THE SERVICE AS POOR ******** ..