Gary
Gary, Buick Technician
Experience:  15 years master GM tech and mater ASE tech
19513769

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details

Customer Question

***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: my 02 regal GS'S Odometer has been dark for a while. I took to a GM dealer for an unrelated recall, and when I pick it up I couldn't read it at all. HOW do I fix it?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Buick Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.
I am sorry for the long waitwhen these odometers are dim and the dimmer works fine for the other dash lights the problem is the resistors inside the dash cluster that fail and cause this issuethe fix for this is to remove the dash cluster and have a repair shop replace the resistors some places you can send the cluster out to through the mail or see if any local shops to you do the cluster resistor repairif you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer
Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.
how are you making out ?if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer