Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.

So I have a 2007 Buick Rendezvous CX FWD (not AWD). I have

Customer Question

So I have a 2007 Buick Rendezvous CX FWD (not AWD). I have the same buzzing / droning noise at 2100rpm. It typically only lasts for a second or two until I past 2100rpm. A quick buzz noise. At certain faster speeds I hit 2100rpm, I hear it. It does not do it everytime I accelerate through 2100. But most. When driving at highway speeds, I really don't know if it's making the noise or not due to road and cabin noise. I see there was a dampener kit released at some point (88964153 GM) to correct perhaps this issue, but it only says the kit is for up to 2005 models with AWD, and again, I have a 2007 with FWD only. I've had other front end parts checked at my mechanic and they are all fine. It's more of annoyance that anything else. Ideas?
Category: Buick
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
And it's been determined by my mechanic that's it not the exhaust system or heat shield. They are all solid.
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.
HI,I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question. Ok, I need to get the vin number of your vehicle to check on related service bulletins and also need to know whether it seems to be coming from the front, center, or rear of the vehicle
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The VIN is 3G5DA03L57S542581. The droning/buzzing noise seems to come from the front drivers side under the floor. Here is one forum that talks about the problem and mentions the dampener kit. But when I look for more info online using the part number for the kit and specifically my Rendezvous year of 2007, it only mentions it's for 2002-2005 vehicles. Once in a while it won't make the noise at all. Other times if I'm driving slowly through my neighborhood and keep the rmps right at 2100, I can get the drone/buzz to continue for 10 seconds or so. Again, I don't know what the noise is, or if it's hurting my car at all, I just hate noises in any of my cars. I've only had the car for 7 months and it was fine until about 7 or 8 weeks ago. My local mechanic tried to zero in on the noise (he heard it briefly on a test drive), but no luck. He had it up on a lift for some time trying to find what could be causing a harmonic point that's creating the buzz.
Customer: replied 6 months ago. forum website.
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.
HI,I will opt out as I am stumped on this. If another expert knows, they will post here