Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

JA: . What do you want help with? Customer: We have

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What do you want help with?
Customer: We have a 2010 enclave and have no issues with it. Took it to Gulf Shores Alabama last week and drove 1200 miles with no issues. On the way home it started acting up. While driving 75 the power locks would suddenly disengage and then within a second the vehicle would downshift from 6th gear to 2nd gear. a warning appears on above the odometer saying this vehicle cannot exceed 108 mph.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with ABS (as well as brakes in general.) Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: The check engine light doesn't come on. So on the way home it did it every 50 miles or so. I would shift it into neutral every time it happened and pull over. IT would be fine for another 50 miles.
JA: No worries. You and the mechanic can figure that out together. Ok, so other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: great
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: no the check engine light never comes on
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Buick Mechanic to figure that out. Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Daniel Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Welcome to the site. Thanks for coming. I'm ***** *****. I'm here to provide as much information and insight as I can, to best answer your question.Can you give me your VIN# ***** I can see if there are any Service Bulletins?Thank you for posting your question.Your business is very valuable to us.Thank You ***** *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already looked but here it is.
5GALVBED9AJ210762
Have you been driving in any rain lately?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nope not a drop
You will need to get the vehicle checked for codes in all the computers.Did you have any rain before you left?I have seen issues where the sunroof drains clog and cause the water to run into the fuse box and connectors by the left and right side panels of the dash. They than corrode causing problems later. Had one come in that had ice in the battery box, which is in the floor behind the passenger seat.There is a bulletin about the water leaks, but it doesn't mention anything about the electrical issues that are caused by the leaks. If you need more help, please use the "Reply" tab to continue our conversation - I'm happy to answer follow-up questions.If you are satisfied with the information I supplied we would like to close out this question.If you have no follow-ups at this time, please remember to Rate My Service.Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!Thank you for posting your question.Your business is very valuable to us.Thank You ***** *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they said they cant check codes if the engine light isn't on . it hasn't come on yet. that's part of the problem.
If the light came on steady it will store codes in history.There are also other computers for the door locks, transmission, and several other computer's that will set codes. So if the light was on long enough there will be codes in the system.I would open battery cover just to see if you have any water in it. If you need more help, please use the "Reply" tab to continue our conversation - I'm happy to answer follow-up questions.If you are satisfied with the information I supplied we would like to close out this question.If you have no follow-ups at this time, please remember to Rate My Service.Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!Thank you for posting your question.Your business is very valuable to us.Thank You ***** *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will check there. no light has ever come on during all this. I look. the warning that popped up said this vehicle cannot exceed 108 mh. that's it. they checked the codes at the buick dealer today and there was nothing at all.
Keep me updated on what you find. If you need more help, please use the "Reply" tab to continue our conversation - I'm happy to answer follow-up questions.If you are satisfied with the information I supplied we would like to close out this question.If you have no follow-ups at this time, please remember to Rate My Service.Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!Thank you for posting your question.Your business is very valuable to us.Thank You ***** *****