FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

2005 Buick LeSabre where the tag lights and red decorative

Customer Question

2005 Buick LeSabre where the tag lights and red decorative lights (mounted on the trunk) don't light while running, but DO illuminate when I use the remote unlock. Checked all fuses (underseat and underhood) and swapped all the relays I could think of but no joy. What do you think?
Category: Buick
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 8 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for the question. Can you tell me if all of the other lights are working? Did all of these go out at the same time?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
All the lights work. I seem to have lost the decorative and tag lights at the same time, but keep in mind they do light up only when I unlock the doors using the remote.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 8 months ago.
In the rear fuse box check the DMR fuse. If it is blown then this will occur. If it is fine then it may be a problem in the fuse box.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 8 months ago.
Let me know what you find.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
What's a DMR fuse? There is no listing for anything close to that in the rear (or front) fuse map. Google hasn't heard of it either. Either way, I checked all fuses of all amperages and none (that I saw) were blown. Please advise.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I sent the Rear seat fuse map.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I won't be rating until I receive some sort of answer that makes sense. If you're stumped, at least say so so I can move on.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 7 months ago.
Do you have an L PARK and R PARK fuse in that fuse box under the rear seat? Also check the ground connection in the left rear of the trunk
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes, fuses 10 and 13. Checked and rechecked. Please be a bit more specific on "left rear of the trunk". Is there a grounding point I should be looking for?
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 7 months ago.
It is in the left rear side of the trunk under the side carpeting trim. It is a grounding point. I'll see if I have a picture of it.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hopefully, I'm back in the correct thread. Continuity is ok to ground, although I'm not seeing an obvious grounding point. Is there a relay or module that might control? Or the switch on the dash? Remember, the lights DO come on when the remote is used to unlock.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Bobby, we don't seem to be getting anywhere on this question. I am requesting that you opt out and and open this up to another expert.