Pete, Buick Technician
Experience:  17 years Buick Technician experience and training.
14928985

How to install a mode door actuator I have the old one off

Customer Question

How to install a mode door actuator I have the old one off but can't seem to get the pins for the doors to line up 1997 buick
Category: Buick
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually I cannot figure out which mode lever goes in which cam slot and I thought I Had it but the modes are not working properly and noticed that the defrost lever is a little stuff
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. In some cases the arms on the actuators can be adjusted to work properly.If you can tell me if this has the manual or auto heater and ac functions this will help me further locate info on this here to help just let me know. Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Automatic
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
O.k.,unfortunately my info is not listing this specific actuator on the auto ac control system on this year and model here.I know there are some adjustments to be done on the rods but unfortunately my info is not showing these and I am unable to recall exactly how this is done myself here.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.Thanks Pete