Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification

And my Buick century 1995 is turning over but won't

Customer Question

***** ***** and my Buick century 1995 is turning over but won't start. I have checked the coils and changed the plugs and wires. But it is blowing a vacuum hose going to the PC valve. What could that be
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It was running going down the road them it quit and all the dash lights come on. It will turn over until the vaccum hose comes of and then it quits
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Buick Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Jerry replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site. .Does it have a V6 or the 4 cylinder engine?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Jerry replied 6 months ago.
I see, thanks. The PCV hose blows off at the vacuum end? (after cranking for a short time)
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Could it be the map sensor
Expert:  Jerry replied 6 months ago.
No but if you take the air intake hose off and crank it with the throttle opened a little does it spurt out the intake?
Expert:  Jerry replied 6 months ago.
Do you still need help with it?