Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I Have knowledge in almost all car lines and can help with general questions and more!!!!!

Buick Lasabre: I have a 2000 buick lasabre. It starts up for

Customer Question

I have a 2000 buick lasabre. It starts up for 30 minutes then it begans to idle up & down. Then it kills. So i wait then start it up again & when i start it up it sounds like it has a bad mist like it about to kill again what could be the problem?
Category: Buick
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I changed the crank sensor, cam sensor, ignition module, & all the sensors on the throttle body & its still doing the same thing.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 6 months ago.
Hello, it sounds like you may have a faulty coolant temp sensor, if the car thinks it is cold it will keep adding fuel and when it warms it will cause the car to die. either that or you could have a clogging converter , can you tell me if there is a check engine light on and if you have done any tests on the car? besides replacing parts? Lou P.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It dont have a converter it has a straight pipe on it
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I unplugged the coolant sensor a while back & its still doing the same thing
Expert:  Lou P. replied 6 months ago.
ok, when it dies, how long do you have to wait before it will start again?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sometimes 20 minutes but something keep making it kills. Something stopping the water from flowing. I changed everything dealing with the water but its still something.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 6 months ago.
ok so what you need to do to give us a good path to go on, is when the car dies spray some starter fluid in the intake and see if it starts. if it does we know we are losing fuel, if it does not then we know we are losing spark.