sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

2009 Enclave shows "map read error". Changed map cd and still

Customer Question

2009 Enclave shows "map read error". Changed map cd and still the same issue.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: Yes. XM radio works fine as well as the DVD. Only issue is the navigation part of the system.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Buick Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No, HELP PLEASE!!
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Buick
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!If it's unable to read the navigation disc the possible causes are the disc itself or an internal failure in the radio. It wasn't uncommon for this to happen on many vehicles of the era and I can't recall a case where the radio wasn't the cause. If you've replaced the disc with a known good one and the problem remains it will require the radio to either be replaced or it can be removed and sent for repair to somewhere such as United Radio.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks. Was hoping it was something simple enough to handle on my own. Oh well.
You're welcome and good luck with it!