Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.

I am stuck in park and can't get it into droce Drive JA:

Customer Question

I am stuck in park and can't get it into droce Drive
JA: Good to know. The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. How old is your transmission?
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to transmission guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: Runs good but this also just happened when I turn the blinker on the car shuts down
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Buick Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: Nope just want to get it drivable so I can get it to the mechanic
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.
HI,I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question Ok, first and foremost, what is the year and model of your Buick? You need to check if the brake lights are working. If they are not, then it is a faulty brake switch which sends a signal to not only the brake lights but to the shift interlock solenoid to allow the shifter to come out of park. If brake lights work, then it will be a faulty shift interlock solenoid
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.~Do you still need more help?~Confused by my info request or answer?~Need more time?~Confused on how the site works?~Need more detail or a different explanation?If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks