mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco

Should i pull the fuel pump fuse before changing the fuel filter?

Customer Question

should i pull the fuel pump fuse before changing the fuel filter?
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. Are you planning on changing the fuse yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to fuse guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: okay
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Buick Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Buick
Expert:  mike switzer replied 6 months ago.
as long as the key is off there will be no fuel flow. you can pull the fuel pump fuse and run the engine till it dies to get rid of the pressure.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
okay, thats what i thought.
no problem if you have no further questions i would appreciate if you took a moment to leave me a rating.