Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

I have a 2005 buick rendezvous that the autolocks work when

Customer Question

I have a 2005 buick rendezvous that the autolocks work when unlocking but do not in the locking mode with the remote or button on door
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else I can tell the Buick Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 8 months ago.
So all door locks will unlock with remote or door button, but none will lock with button or remote, is this correct?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Correct
Thanks for confirming that. Since the doors do unlock, this indicates that the actuators work and that the wiring is okay. This means the lock relay has failed. Unfortunately the lock relay is built into the BCM (body control module). To restore proper door lock operation, the BCM will need to be replaced. It is located in center console behind fuse panel. The new replacement BCM will need to be programmed to the vehicle by the dealer after installation.