Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.

Where is transmission shift solenoid is located in a 2005

Customer Question

hi. where is transmission shift solenoid is located in a 2005 buick rendezvous
JA: Good to know. The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. How old is your transmission?
Customer: 2005
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to transmission guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: transmission have been sleeping
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Buick Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: ok
JA: What else should I tell the Buick Mechanic?
Customer: just that, it wont shift except on 1, 2 and reverse
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.
HI, There are 2 shift solenoids. Both are located on the side of the valve body(see attachments) which is behind the transmission side cover. This a fairly big job as you have to remove the engine mounts, disconnect catalytic converter, intermediate steering shaft, remove the left side drive axle, support the transmission and then lower the engine cradle/subframe in order to access the side cover to remove it to get to the valve body and shift solenoids Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. ThanksIf for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.
If you have any other questions on this, feel free to ask for more help by clicking the REPLY TO EXPERT button, otherwise please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so.Thank you. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.~Do you still need more help?~Confused by my info request or answer?~Need more time?~Confused on how the site works?~Need more detail or a different explanation?If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks