Pete, Buick Technician
Experience:  17 years Buick Technician experience and training.
14928985

I have a 2005 Buick Lacrosse my service theft light came on

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Buick Lacrosse my service theft light came on after I had to get a jumpstart on my battery the message won't go away after we jumpstarted it and I can't lock or do anything with my remotes what is the problem
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: One person use my remote lock the doors and reopened him when we still had to jumpstart the car because of the battery and it turned out OK I turned it off too soon ha ha it was locked I recall the service and we got the tree of the car running the battery is very low and
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Buick Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If your battery is weak still I would have it tested to see if it needs replaced.Low voltage from a weak battery can cause an issue like this here.If this is or was checked and found to be o.k. let me know.Check and make sure all fuses are o.k. in all fuse panels as well.If there is one or more blown fuses this will need replaced to correct this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete