sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

My car is a 2009 enclave cxl ,bought LAST YR. from

Customer Question

my car is a 2009 enclave cxl ,bought LAST YR. from sister,travel nurse.miles 139,000 when I got it.she always took it into dealership. HAD RECALLS UP TO I decided to keep it up to date, never had a car this nice, was proud of it.1st dealership had 2 new tires, new breaks(which another dealership told me was done incorrectly,new struts,new catyleatic converter,passenger heater sensor, oxg sensor seat belt recall.recall from previous owner was done in miss.WAS TOLD was not done correctly and I have to pay for labor to get it fixed!on the way home from 1wst dealership ENGINElite comes on.2nd dealership says need drivetrain done.oxygen sensor before the catlatic convertertook back to 1st dealership said codes didn't make sence from 2nd dealership.So now afraid to trust either dealship! so keep in mind I paid 139each for diaog test from I'm now afraid to trust either!.So Im i driving and pressing gas,dials going crazy.but going only 20 dies ,I let it rest.starts same thing 4 restarts in traffic to get home.cant back into garage.CALL UNFIMILAL MECHINC SAYS CODES R P0299 & P430.DOES THE RECALL COVER THIS.I NOW OWN A $16,000CAR THAT SITS IN GARAGE.mY HUSBAND PASSED IN Sept 2015 and I don't know what to only income is his social security.could u please tell me what I should do?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: don't know
JA: Is there anything else the Buick Mechanic should be aware of about your Buick?
Customer: no I think that's enough
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Buick
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

P0299 isn't a valid code for your vehicle, P0430 is an efficiency failure of one of the catalytic converters. There are a handful of things that can set a converter efficiency code ranging from the converter itself, a lazy upstream oxygen sensor, or an exhaust leak that is drawing oxygen into the exhaust stream through venturi effect.

What was the physical location of the catalytic converter that was replaced?

Was it a factory part or aftermarket?