Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

I just replaced the back brakes on my 2006 buick allure, and

Customer Question

I just replaced the back brakes on my 2006 buick allure , and the one on the right gets very hot , is there some way to adjust it?
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It seems to me the caliper piston does'nt release , but the calipers were replaced three years ago.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes if it's possible.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I lubricated the sliding part of the caliper.
JA: Is there anything else the Buick Mechanic should be aware of about your Buick?
Customer: That's pretty much it.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Dan replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** is nothing to adjust, I'd recommend using the caliper compression tool to press the piston back in ALL THE WAY, lubricate the slides, then go do some hard stops on gravel where teh abs kicks in. If problem still exists you will need to replace the caliper again. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.