Ryan Schott
Ryan Schott,
Experience:  technician at Demarois Buick Gmc

Starting disable on Buick lacross 08, Lost my key so I had

Customer Question

Starting disable on Buick lacross 08
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Lost my key so I had to get another one made got it made n it don't
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yeah
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I thought I ran outta gas n needed a jump but that wasn't it cause I had power n put gas in it
JA: Is there anything else the Buick Mechanic should be aware of about your Buick?
Customer: no
JA: Our top Buick Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Buick Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Buick Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Ryan Schott replied 7 months ago.

30-Minute Vehicle Key Relearn

Important: This procedure will only relearn the vehicle keys. This procedure will not learn the immobilizer prerelease password ***** the challenge/response data. Do not use this procedure as a substitute for a 10-minute relearn when replacing or reprogramming a body control module (BCM). Doing so will result in a failure to learn the fuel enable password.

This 30-minute learn procedure should be used when all vehicle keys are desired to be replaced or reprogrammed. This procedure will erase all previously learned vehicle keys from the BCM. Once the 30-minute learn procedure has been completed, any remaining vehicle keys may be programmed using the Adding Keys procedure to ensure their continued functionality.

Important: The BCM learns the key transponder information upon the ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.

1. With an unlearned master vehicle key, turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
  2. Observe the security indicator. After approximately 10 minutes, the telltale will turn OFF.
  3. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.
  4. Repeat steps 1–3 two more times for a total of 3 cycles or 30 minutes.
  5. With a master vehicle key, start the vehicle. The vehicle has now learned the key transponder information.
  6. If additional keys are required to be learned, refer to Adding Keys.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I lost the main key tho😩😩

yah but you had a new master key made correct?

a new GM transponder key is programed like this i know step 5 is phrased odd

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Got a key made but they never told me I had to program the key
Dealer can do a ten minute relearn but this 30 min procedure will work as long as there isn't a system fault. Sorry it took so long to respond did you get a chance to try it?