Ryan Schott
Ryan Schott,
Experience:  technician at Demarois Buick Gmc

Trying to figure out how to install a drivers side door

Customer Question

trying to figure out how to install a drivers side door handle on my 06 Buick Rainier
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The handle in still on door but it won't open. I ordered replacement handles and just need to install
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Buick Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Ryan Schott replied 7 months ago.

If you are replacing the inside and outside handles i have always found it easiest to use a screwdriver going throught the inside handle , usually breaking the old handle more but its getting replaced, to lift and get ahold of the linkage and pop the door open,then business as usual remove the door pannel handles and linkage, you will want to lube up that latch and adjust the outside tight if you had both handles break.