Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

My buick lacrosse temperature guage reads about 3/8ths is

Customer Question

my buick lacrosse temperature guage reads about 3/8ths is that too high
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I noticed when i was driving on the highway that it went above the halfway mark. I took it to a mechanic and he added a half quart of coolant and he could not find any leak. now it stays at 3/8ths in normal city driving
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Buick Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** is fine, sometimes it may even got a hair over the 1/2 mark. As long as it doesn't go over the half way mark you have nothing to worry about. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.