K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Technician AA in automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
68360881

Keep getting an error message of Map Disc Read Error. How do

Customer Question

Keep getting an error message of Map Disc Read Error. How do I fix this?
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: We are a collision shop. Just replaced the radio in a 2010 Enclave with a reman GM radio. Still getting same error message.
JA: Is there anything else the Buick Mechanic should be aware of about your Buick?
Customer: No
JA: Our top Buick Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Buick Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Buick Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Buick
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 8 months ago.

Hello, 2010 was a bad year for the receivers. Even with that in mind if it's doing it with a GM reman unit you can try a couple of things.

1. Copy the disc and burn it to a blank DVD, this often times works

2. Apply a full disc label to the DVD, I'm honestly not sure how this trick works but it does

It's also possible the laser was damaged in shipping, I've seen it happen often.

Hello, I was just wanting to follow up and see how things went.